The White Stripes to release Limited Edition Box Set
BY LINELLE SCHULTZ
In the summer of 2007, The White Stripes embarked on a cross-country Canadian tour to accomplish their goal of performing in every province and territory across the expansive northern nation. Now, the band has announced the release of a limited edition box set to commemorate that jaunt with a series of work capturing the striking live moments and poignant off-stage interactions of one of the world’s most enigmatic bands. This captivating collection contains a DVD of the Emmett Malloy-directed documentary film, Under Great White Northern Lights, a live DVD of the band’s 10th Anniversary show, Under Nova Scotian Lights, as well as a CD/double LP of 16 live tracks, exclusive 7 inch, hard cover book of photographs and a silk-screened print. Head here to preorder.
Limited Edition Box set includes:
– DVD of the documentary film The White Stripes Under Great White Northern Lights, directed by Emmett Malloy (92 minutes)
– DVD of the band’s 10th Anniversary show, The White Stripes Under Nova Scotian Lights, directed by Emmett Malloy (135 minutes)
– The first-ever official live album from The White Stripes, featuring 16 songs recorded at various shows during their 2007 Canadian tour on both vinyl and CD. The double LP comes pressed on 180 gram black vinyl packaged in a gatefold jacket with a 6 panel insert unique to the box set. The CD accompanies the film and Anniversary show DVDs in a special 7″ square 3 panel folder along with a 24 page bound booklet and slipcase.
– 7 inch vinyl featuring Icky Thump (Live) and The Wheels On The Bus (Live). Two versions available with different artwork and color of vinyl depending on your country of residence.
– 208 page hard cover book containing photographs of the Canadian tour shot by Autumn de Wilde with a foreword by Jim Jarmusch.
– 1 of 6 different silk-screened prints designed by Rob Jones.
The White Stripes Under Great Northern Lights Limited Edition Box Set
The White Stripes – Let’s Shake Hands