January 22, 2017

Conan O’Brien in “60 Minutes” interview excerpt says he would not have done what Jay Leno did


By Greg Hernandez

It sounds like Conan O’Brien is going to be quite candid in his 60 Minutes interview with Steve Croft scheduled to air on Sunday.
The former host of The Tonight Show says that if he had been in Jay Leno’s position, he would have “done something else, go someplace else.”

“I mean, that’s just me,” he said.

Conan succeeded Leno as host of the late night franchise for just seven months when NBC canceled Leno’s prime-time show to move him back to late night where he had reigned for 17 years.

“He went and took that show back and I think in a similar situation, if roles had been reversed, I know– I know me, I wouldn’t have done that,” Conan told Kroft. “If I had surrendered ‘The Tonight Show’ and handed it over to somebody publicly and wished them well– and then…six months later. But that’s me, you know. Everyone’s got their own, you know, way of doing things.”

To read more Greginhollywood.com

About Greg Hernandez

Greg Hernandez has written about the entertainment world for more than a decade. He is a veteran of covering many Academy Awards shows (plus Emmys, Grammys and Golden Globes) as well as film festivals, movie premieres and philanthropic events. Hernandez founded the popular Out In Hollywood blog while a writer and columnist for the "Los Angeles Daily News." He’s also a former staff writer at the "Los Angeles Times" and "The Hollywood Reporter" and has been a contributing writer to "The Advocate." Greg is the founder and editor of Greginhollywood.com

Follow us

Breaking Hollywood News   


UPDATES BY EMAIL

Leave a comment

You must be logged in to post a comment.