Outlandishly priced Twilight swag: 5 items currently on Ebay
By Kim Palacios
This isn’t an ad for Ebay, or a plug for any of it’s vendors.
Consider it an homage to the lengths fans ::cough*profiteers*cough:: will go to get ::cough*sell*:: a piece of Twilight.
The following items have been listed on ebay for sale:
1. Bella Swan Genuine Diamond Engagement Ring – $2,299. Diamonds are forever. So is being a vampire. What better way to say I love you than with this 13-diamond replica of the ring Edward uses to propose to Bella in the movie rendition of “Eclipse”?
2. “Twilight” (1st edition, signed by Stephenie Meyer) – $1,750. Even more interesting than the steep price of this particular book is the fact that an unsigned one is on sale for $1,500. And, what does it say that a signed first edition of “Breaking Dawn” is only $1,000?
3. Twilight “New Moon” Full Cast Signed Framed Movie Poster + Advanced Screening Tickets to Eclipse – $1600. At least this item can justify its price—it is being auctioned for 20% of its proceeds to benefit Prop 8 Films. The successful bidder, in addition to receiving the poster signed by more than 25 members of the cast, will win advance tickets for “Eclipse” in New York, Boston, or LA.
4. Alexander McQueen Edward “Collen” Coat – $1,555. It looks like Edward’s gray coat from “Twilight”. The sour look on the mannequin’s face slightly resembles Edward’s. But does the seller really need to call it the Edward “Collen”?
5. Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart Signed 8×10 “New Moon” Print – $499. If the aforementioned collector’s items are too rich for your blood, consider something more reasonably priced. This not-commonly-seen poster, signed in silver Sharpie, finds one of the star’s autographs scribbled across Jacob’s chest. Brownie points to the person who guesses which one…
Author’s note: At the time of the printing of this article, none of the items mentioned had received any bids.
For up-to-the-minute entertainment news, follow @hollywoodnews on Twitter!