“Kids Are All Right,” with Bening and Moore, announces DVD date
By Sean O’Connell
Hollywoodnews.com: A debate has been brewing in Oscar prognosticator circles recently regarding the chances of both Julianne Moore and Annette Bening claiming Best Actress nominations for their work in Lisa Cholodenko’s “The Kids Are All Right.”
In a few weeks, we’re going to be able to revisit the character-driven relationship comedy and judge for ourselves which actress deserves a shot at the Academy Award.
That’s because Universal Studios Home Entertainment plans to release kids on Blu-ray and DVD on Nov. 16, just in time for your own dysfunctional family to pop in “Kids” after Thanksgiving dinner and spend a little time with Moore and Bening’s dysfunctional family. Cholodenko’s film follows the teenage children of a lesbian couple who stir the pot when they seek out their birth father (Mark Ruffalo).
The bonus feature, as laid out in a release, are below:
BONUS FEATURES EXCLUSIVE TO BLU-RAYTM HI-DEF:
Unleash the power of your HDTV with perfect picture and purest digital sound.
• BD-LIVE: Access the BD-Live Center through your Internet-connected player to watch the latest trailers and more!
• pocket BLU: USHE’s groundbreaking pocket BLU app uses iPhone, iPod touch, Blackberry, Nokia Smartphone, Android, PC and Macintosh to work seamlessly with a network-connected Blu-ray player. Also available on the iPad, owners can enjoy a new, enhanced edition of pocket BLU made especially to take advantage of the tablet’s larger screen and high resolution display. Consumers will be able to browse through a library of Blu-ray content and watch entertaining extras on-the-go in a way that’s bigger and better than ever before. pocket BLU offers advanced features such as:
• Advanced Remote Control: A sleek, elegant new way to operate your Blu-ray player. Users can navigate through menus, playback and BD-Live functions with ease.
• Video Timeline: Users can easily bring up the video timeline, allowing them to instantly access any point in the film.
• Mobile-To-Go: Users can unlock a selection of bonus content with their Blu-ray discs to save to their device or to stream from anywhere there is a Wi-Fi network, enabling them to enjoy content on the go, anytime, anywhere.
• Browse Titles: Users will have access to a complete list of pocket BLU-enabled titles available and coming to Blu-ray Hi-Def. They can view free previews and see what additional content is available to unlock on their device.
• Keyboard: Enter data into a Blu-ray player with your device’s easy and intuitive keyboard.
• MY SCENES: Bookmark your favorite scenes from the film.
• uHEAR: Never miss another line of dialogue when you’re watching The Kids Are All Right with this innovative feature that instantly skips back a few seconds on your Blu-ray disc and turns on the subtitles to highlight what you missed.
BONUS FEATURES (DVD and BLU-RAY):
• THE JOURNEY TO FORMING A FAMILY: Director/Co-writer Lisa Cholodenko reveals how her five-year long journey to write and bring the film to the screen was motivated by her desire to put down roots and create a family of her own.
• THE MAKING OF THE KIDS AREALL RIGHT: It’s all about family – and cast, and crew…
• THE WRITERS’ PROCESS: Lisa Cholodenko & Stuart Blumberg discuss their writing process.
• FEATURE COMMENTARY: With Director/Co-writer Lisa Cholodenko.
Follow Hollywood News on Twitter for up-to-date news information.
Photo courtesy of PRPhotos.com.