Angelina Jolie scores victory, wins permission to film in Bosnia


By Sean O’Connell
Hollywoodnews.com: Days after she was blocked from filming her directorial debut in Sarajevo, Angelina Jolie received permission to shoot in Bosnia and is back on track.

“I can now start preparations for the shooting, which I had to stop last week,” Scout Film executive Edin Sarkic, who is working on the film with Jolie, told Reuters Monday morning. “It’s a big thing for Bosnia that such a mega, mega star is coming to Sarajevo.”

Not that Jolie will be in front of the camera. She’s helming a romantic drama about a Serbian man and a Bosnian Muslim woman who, according to reports, “meet on the eve of the Bosnian 1992-95 war, which killed 100,000 people.”

A rape scene in the shooting script, however, caught the eye of culture minister Gavrilo Grahovac, and he revoked permits the actress sought so she could film in Bosnia.
However, after Jolie promised her film would not distort local history or politics, the permits were reinstated.

“There are many twists in the plot that address the sensitive nature of the relationship between the main characters and that will be revealed once the film is released,” Jolie said. “My hope is that people will hold judgment until they have seen the film.”

Follow Hollywood News on Twitter for up-to-date news information.

Hollywood News, Hollywood Awards, Awards, Movies, News, Award News, Breaking News, Entertainment News, Movie News, Music News

About HollywoodNews.com

Doing our best to bring you "The Pulse of New Hollywood®." Follow us @hollywoodnews

Follow us

Breaking Hollywood News   


UPDATES BY EMAIL

Leave a comment

You must be logged in to post a comment.