January 19, 2017

Casey Anthony juror opens up to ABC News


By Sean O’Connell
Hollywoodnews.com: ABC News secured the first interview with a juror on the Casey Anthony trial, who confessed to feeling sick to her stomach over the not guilty verdict rendered earlier this week.

“I did not say she was innocent,” said Jennifer Ford, a 32-year-old nursing student who talked to “Nightline” anchor Terry Moran. “I just said there was not enough evidence. If you cannot prove what the crime was, you cannot determine what the punishment should be.”

Ford admitted that she “toggled on manslaughter and not guilty,” then said that it “doesn’t feel good. It was a horrible decision to have to make.”

“Everyone wonders why we didn’t speak to the media right away,” Ford added. “It was because we were sick to our stomach to get that verdict. We were crying, and not just the women. It was emotional and we weren’t ready. We wanted to do it with integrity and not contribute to the sensationalism of the trial.”

Follow Hollywood News on Twitter for up-to-date news information.

Hollywood News, Hollywood Awards, Awards, Movies, News, Award News, Breaking News, Entertainment News, Movie News, Music News

About Sean O'Connell

Sean O'Connell is a nationally recognized film critic. His reviews have been published in print ('The Washington Post,' 'USA Today') and online (AMC FilmCritic.com, MSN's Citysearch) since 1996. He's a weekly contributor to several national radio programs. He is a longstanding member of the Broadcast Film Critics Association (BFCA), the Online Film Critics Society (OFCS), and the Southeastern Film Critics View all articles by Sean O'Connell Association (SEFCA).

Follow us

Breaking Hollywood News   


UPDATES BY EMAIL

Leave a comment

You must be logged in to post a comment.