Oscar race about to get “Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close” – AWARDS ALLEY
By Sean O’Connell
hollywoodnews.com: A lot happening in Oscar land the last few days. Let’s run through the biggest stories of the moment.
– Brooks Barnes covers “Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close,” the last of the legitimate Oscar contenders to drop, in the NY Times. I’m heading to a screening of the film in a few minutes. Can’t wait to se what Stephen Daldry has in store.
– Andie MacDowell’s daughter, Rainey Qualley, has been named Miss Golden Globe 2012.
– Speaking of, the Hollywood Foreign Press Association will reveal their nominations for the 69th annual Golden Globes on Thursday, Dec. 15. The ceremony, hosted by Ricky Gervais, is scheduled for Jan. 15.
– Kenneth Branagh, a contender for a Best Supporting Actor nomination, talks “My Week with Marilyn.”
– And finally, Academy members received faulty copies of Oren Moverman’s “Rampart.” Will that hurt Woody Harrelson’s chances for a Best Actor nomination?
Follow Hollywood News on Twitter for up-to-date news information.