David Fincher’s “Dragon Tattoo” named year’s best film by MTV – AWARDS ALLEY
By Sean O’Connell
hollywoodnews.com: This time of the year, everyone has a Top 10 list (even us, which we’ll post soon). This morning, MTV got into the annual ranking competition for the first time, naming David Fincher’s “The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo” as the Best Film of 2011.
Coincidentally, I’m writing this in an airport waiting to board a plane to go speak with Fincher and his cast. I’ll be sure to ask them about this prestigious recognition.
The network says “Dragon Tattoo” star Rooney Mara, who accomplishes the unenviable task of bringing gothic enigma Lisbeth Salander to life, will accept an award on behalf of the film this evening (at 4:59 p.m. ET) on MTV.
“We all fell in love with this movie from the moment we saw it,” MTV News’ Josh Horowitz tells THR. “We all love the work of David Fincher, we all were blown away by Rooney Mara, in this amazing performance of this iconic character, and thrilled by the kind of world that David Fincher created.”
MTV’s complete Top 10 also included:
3. Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows Part 2
6. X-Men: First Class
7. The Muppets
9. The Descendants
10. Attack the Block
Awards Alley brings you the best Oscar coverage. Click below to read our exclusive interviews with:
– Harvey Weinstein
– The cast of “The Artist.”
– Sir Ben Kingsley and Chloe Grace Moretz for “Hugo.”
– Tilda Swinton for “We Need to Talk About Kevin.”
– Viola Davis and Octavia Spencer for “The Help.”
– Tate Taylor for “The Help.”
– Gary Oldman and Colin Firth for “Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy.”
– Charlize Theron, Patton Oswalt, Jason Reitman and Diablo Cody for “Young Adult.”
– Steve McQueen for “Shame.”
– Glenn Close for “Albert Nobbs.”
– Seth Rogen and Will Reiser for “50/50.”
Follow Hollywood News on Twitter for up-to-date news information.