“The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo” nets roughly $1.6M Tuesday night
By Sean O’Connell
hollywoodnews.com: It earned the tagline, “The Feel-Bad Movie of the Christmas Season.” But early figures indicate plenty of people are interested in a Black Christmas this weekend.
David Fincher’s “The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo” got a jump-start on the holiday box office frame Tuesday night, opening in the late evening to collect a few ticket sales ahead of its “official” opening today.
Read our review of the film right here!
THR reports that Fincher’s adaptation of Larsson’s novel took in an estimated $1.6 million Tuesday night. As the trade points out, comparisons to similar openings “are difficult, since it’s unusual to open a film in the early evening,” and the film’s expected to increase its business through word of mouth as Sony hopes it will be “the adult alternative to other Christmas pics.”
That includes two features from Steven Spielberg in “War Horse” and “The Adventures of Tintin,” as well as Cameron Crowe’s uplifting family drama, “We Bought a Zoo.”
Awards Alley brings you the best Oscar coverage. Click below to read our exclusive interviews with:
– Harvey Weinstein
– The cast of “The Artist.”
– Kenneth Branagh for “My Week With Marilyn.”
– Sir Ben Kingsley and Chloe Grace Moretz for “Hugo.”
– Tilda Swinton for “We Need to Talk About Kevin.”
– David Fincher, Daniel Craig and Rooney Mara on “The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo.”
– Viola Davis and Octavia Spencer for “The Help.”
– Tate Taylor for “The Help.”
– Gavin O’Connor for “Warrior.”
– Gary Oldman and Colin Firth for “Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy.”
– Charlize Theron, Patton Oswalt, Jason Reitman and Diablo Cody for “Young Adult.”
– Steve McQueen for “Shame.”
– Glenn Close for “Albert Nobbs.”
– Seth Rogen and Will Reiser for “50/50.”
Follow Hollywood News on Twitter for up-to-date news information.