Jean Dujardin wins Best Actor in Musical/Comedy for “The Artist” – AWARDS ALLEY
By Sean O’Connell
hollywoodnews.com: Jean Dujardin won the Golden Globe for Best Performance By an Actor in a Motion Picture – Comedy or Musical on Sunday evening for his winning performance in “The Artist.”
He defeated Brendan Gleeson, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Ryan Gosling and Owen Wilson.
Because of the dual categories at the Globes, Dujardin didn’t have to compete against George Clooney, so we really don’t know which actor has the upper hand in the Oscar race. But the Best Actor category does seem to come down to the two of them.
We’ll see what happens …
For continued Golden Globes coverage throughout the evening, keep visiting HollywoodNews.com’s Awards Alley.
Awards Alley brings you the best Oscar coverage. Click below to read our exclusive interviews with:
– Harvey Weinstein
– The cast of “The Artist.”
– Kenneth Branagh for “My Week With Marilyn.”
– Bennett Miller talks “Moneyball.”
– Sir Ben Kingsley and Chloe Grace Moretz for “Hugo.”
– Tilda Swinton for “We Need to Talk About Kevin.”
– David Fincher, Daniel Craig and Rooney Mara on “The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo.”
– Viola Davis and Octavia Spencer for “The Help.”
– Tate Taylor for “The Help.”
– Woody Harrelson for “Rampart.”
– Gavin O’Connor for “Warrior.”
– Gary Oldman and Colin Firth for “Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy.”
– Charlize Theron, Patton Oswalt, Jason Reitman and Diablo Cody for “Young Adult.”
– Steve McQueen for “Shame.”
– Glenn Close for “Albert Nobbs.”
– Seth Rogen and Will Reiser for “50/50.”
For complete Oscar and Film Festival coverage, visit our Awards Alley for the latest news items, reviews and interviews all season long.
Follow Hollywood News on Twitter for up-to-date news information.