Meryl Streep wins Best Actress Drama Golden Globe – AWARDS ALLEY
By Sean O’Connell
hollywoodnews.com: Meryl Streep won the Golden Globe for Best Performance By an Actress in a Motion Picture – Drama on Sunday evening for her portrayal of Margaret Thatcher in “The Iron Lady.”
She topped Glenn Close, Viola Davis, Rooney Mara and Tilda Swinton.
And now we have a race, ladies and gentlemen.
Get ready for Streep vs. Davis at the Oscars, even as Streep acknowledges the number of outstanding female performances we saw in 2011. And then goes down the list. What a class act.
Probably the high point of the Globes.
For continued Golden Globes coverage throughout the evening, keep visiting HollywoodNews.com’s Awards Alley.
Awards Alley brings you the best Oscar coverage. Click below to read our exclusive interviews with:
– Harvey Weinstein
– The cast of “The Artist.”
– Kenneth Branagh for “My Week With Marilyn.”
– Bennett Miller talks “Moneyball.”
– Sir Ben Kingsley and Chloe Grace Moretz for “Hugo.”
– Tilda Swinton for “We Need to Talk About Kevin.”
– David Fincher, Daniel Craig and Rooney Mara on “The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo.”
– Viola Davis and Octavia Spencer for “The Help.”
– Tate Taylor for “The Help.”
– Woody Harrelson for “Rampart.”
– Gavin O’Connor for “Warrior.”
– Gary Oldman and Colin Firth for “Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy.”
– Charlize Theron, Patton Oswalt, Jason Reitman and Diablo Cody for “Young Adult.”
– Steve McQueen for “Shame.”
– Glenn Close for “Albert Nobbs.”
– Seth Rogen and Will Reiser for “50/50.”
For complete Oscar and Film Festival coverage, visit our Awards Alley for the latest news items, reviews and interviews all season long.
Follow Hollywood News on Twitter for up-to-date news information.