Michelle Williams wins the Golden Globe for Actress in a Comedy/Musical – AWARDS ALLEY
By Sean O’Connell
hollywoodnews.com: Michelle Williams won the Golden Globe for Best Performance By an Actress in a Motion Picture – Comedy or Musical on Sunday evening for her performance as Marilyn Monroe in Simon Curtis’ “My Week With Marilyn.”
She topped Jodie Foster (“Carnage”) Charlize Theron (“Young Adult”), Kristen Wiig (“Bridesmaids”), and Kate Winslet “Carnage”).
“I consider myself a mother first and an actress second,” Williams said before thanking her daughter for keeping her on path as an actress. She also thanked her director, and her best friend Busy Phillips. But did she forget to thank co-star Kenneth Branagh? Or did I just miss it?
For continued Golden Globes coverage throughout the evening, keep visiting HollywoodNews.com’s Awards Alley.
Awards Alley brings you the best Oscar coverage. Click below to read our exclusive interviews with:
– Harvey Weinstein
– The cast of “The Artist.”
– Kenneth Branagh for “My Week With Marilyn.”
– Bennett Miller talks “Moneyball.”
– Sir Ben Kingsley and Chloe Grace Moretz for “Hugo.”
– Tilda Swinton for “We Need to Talk About Kevin.”
– David Fincher, Daniel Craig and Rooney Mara on “The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo.”
– Viola Davis and Octavia Spencer for “The Help.”
– Tate Taylor for “The Help.”
– Woody Harrelson for “Rampart.”
– Gavin O’Connor for “Warrior.”
– Gary Oldman and Colin Firth for “Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy.”
– Charlize Theron, Patton Oswalt, Jason Reitman and Diablo Cody for “Young Adult.”
– Steve McQueen for “Shame.”
– Glenn Close for “Albert Nobbs.”
– Seth Rogen and Will Reiser for “50/50.”
For complete Oscar and Film Festival coverage, visit our Awards Alley for the latest news items, reviews and interviews all season long.
Follow Hollywood News on Twitter for up-to-date news information.