“Gossip Girl” star Aaron Tveit lands role in “Les Miserables”
By Sean O’Connell
hollywoodnews.com: “Gossip Girl” actor Aaron Tveit is graduating to some serious company now that he has been cast as a rebellion leader in tom Hooper’s planned adaptation of “Les Miserables.”
Universal and Working Title confirmed the casting this morning, pairing Tveit with Hugh Jackman, Russell Crowe, Anne Hathaway, Amanda Seyfried and Eddie Redmayne (“My Week With Marilyn”). Some other big names are being bandied about for supporting roles, though the likes of Sacha Baron Cohen and Helena Bonham Carter have not officially been attached just yet.
Tveit will play Enjolras, a character responsible for a student rebellion in the streets of Paris. He’s best known for ordering Javert’s execution in the story.
As of right now, Hooper is rushing to meet a release date of Dec. 7, 2012.
Awards Alley brings you the best Oscar coverage. Click below to read our exclusive interviews with:
– Harvey Weinstein
– The cast of “The Artist.”
– Kenneth Branagh for “My Week With Marilyn.”
– Bennett Miller talks “Moneyball.”
– Sir Ben Kingsley and Chloe Grace Moretz for “Hugo.”
– Tilda Swinton for “We Need to Talk About Kevin.”
– David Fincher, Daniel Craig and Rooney Mara on “The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo.”
– Viola Davis and Octavia Spencer for “The Help.”
– Tate Taylor for “The Help.”
– Woody Harrelson for “Rampart.”
– Gavin O’Connor for “Warrior.”
– Gary Oldman and Colin Firth for “Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy.”
– Charlize Theron, Patton Oswalt, Jason Reitman and Diablo Cody for “Young Adult.”
– Steve McQueen for “Shame.”
– Glenn Close for “Albert Nobbs.”
– Seth Rogen and Will Reiser for “50/50.”
For complete Oscar and Film Festival coverage, visit our Awards Alley for the latest news items, reviews and interviews all season long.
Follow Hollywood News on Twitter for up-to-date news information.