Martin Scorsese receiving a 3D distinction for “Hugo” – AWARDS ALLEY
By Sean O’Connell
hollywoodnews.com: Martin Scorsese finally took the technological plunge in 2011, shooting his film-preservation fantasy “Hugo” in 3D. For his efforts, the director’s about to rewarded.
The International 3D Society announced that it will present Scorsese with the Harold Lloyd Award for artistic and technical achievement in 3D. The irony being that Scorsese uses a sequence from Lloyd’s “Safety Last!” during a crucial moment in “Hugo,” so the award couldn’t be more appropriate.
“Marty Scorsese has embodied Harold Lloyd’s vision and passion for captivating movie fans around the world for his entire career,” said Suzanne Lloyd, Lloyd’s granddaughter and chairman of Harold Lloyd Entertainment, who will make the presentation. “With ‘Hugo,’ he has shared his love of filmmaking and filmmakers, in 3D, which would also have thrilled Harold.”
The award will be presented at the Society’s Creative Arts Awards ceremony, Feb. 1 at the Beverly Hills Hotel.
Awards Alley brings you the best Oscar coverage. Click below to read our exclusive interviews with:
– Harvey Weinstein
– The cast of “The Artist.”
– Kenneth Branagh for “My Week With Marilyn.”
– Bennett Miller talks “Moneyball.”
– Sir Ben Kingsley and Chloe Grace Moretz for “Hugo.”
– Tilda Swinton for “We Need to Talk About Kevin.”
– David Fincher, Daniel Craig and Rooney Mara on “The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo.”
– Viola Davis and Octavia Spencer for “The Help.”
– Tate Taylor for “The Help.”
– Woody Harrelson for “Rampart.”
– Gavin O’Connor for “Warrior.”
– Gary Oldman and Colin Firth for “Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy.”
– Charlize Theron, Patton Oswalt, Jason Reitman and Diablo Cody for “Young Adult.”
– Steve McQueen for “Shame.”
– Glenn Close for “Albert Nobbs.”
– Seth Rogen and Will Reiser for “50/50.”
For complete Oscar and Film Festival coverage, visit our Awards Alley for the latest news items, reviews and interviews all season long.
Follow Hollywood News on Twitter for up-to-date news information.