Oscars: “Rango” and ILM offer a behind-the-scenes look at nominated film
By Sean O’Connell
hollywoodnews.com: With Pixar out of the picture – thanks to the substandard “Cars 2” missing the Oscar cut – experts believe Gore Verbinski’s “Rango” has the trophy in the bag. But Paramount knows there’s always battles left to fight, and so they are keeping the animation-western hybrid on viewers (and voters’) minds.
Features like this help. The studio has revealed a behind-the-scenes clip that explains Verbinski’s process, for those who aren’t yet aware of the work that went into this Oscar nominee. The film’s also out on DVD, but the target in its sites right now is Oscar. Will it prevail on Feb. 26?
Awards Alley brings you the best Oscar coverage. Click below to read our exclusive interviews with:
– Harvey Weinstein
– The cast of “The Artist.”
– Kenneth Branagh for “My Week With Marilyn.”
– Bennett Miller talks “Moneyball.”
– Producer Jim Burke for “The Descendants.”
– Sir Ben Kingsley and Chloe Grace Moretz for “Hugo.”
– Tilda Swinton for “We Need to Talk About Kevin.”
– David Fincher, Daniel Craig and Rooney Mara on “The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo.”
– Viola Davis and Octavia Spencer for “The Help.”
– Tate Taylor for “The Help.”
– Woody Harrelson for “Rampart.”
– Gavin O’Connor for “Warrior.”
– Gary Oldman and Colin Firth for “Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy.”
– Charlize Theron, Patton Oswalt, Jason Reitman and Diablo Cody for “Young Adult.”
– Steve McQueen for “Shame.”
– Glenn Close for “Albert Nobbs.”
– Seth Rogen and Will Reiser for “50/50.”
– Producer Grant Heslov for “The Ides of March.”
For complete Oscar and Film Festival coverage, visit our Awards Alley for the latest news items, reviews and interviews all season long.
Follow Hollywood News on Twitter for up-to-date news information.