April 23, 2014

Tag Archives: Mass media

Oscars: Eddie Murphy is out. He withdraws as host of the 84th Academy Awards

HollywoodNews.com: Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences President Tom Sherak announced that Eddie Murphy has withdrawn as host of the 84th Academy Awards. “I appreciate how Eddie feels about losing his creative partner, Brett Ratner, and we all wish him well,” said Sherak.
Commented Murphy, “First and foremost I want to say that I completely understand and support each party’s decision with regard to a change of producers for this year’s Academy Awards ceremony. I was truly looking forward to being a part of the show that our production team and writers were just starting to develop, but I’m sure that the new production team and host will do an equally great job.”
Academy Awards for outstanding film achievements of 2011 will be presented on Sunday, February 26, 2012, at the Kodak Theatre at Hollywood & Highland Center®, and televised live by the ABC Television Network. The Oscar® presentation also will be televised live in more than 200 countries worldwide.
Follow Hollywood News on Twitter for up-to-date news information.
Hollywood News, Hollywood Awards, Awards, Movies, News, Award News, Breaking News, Entertainment News, Movie News, Music News

David Arquette, Courteney Cox won’t be reconciling

HollywoodNews.com: Even though many people loved David Arquette and Courteney Cox as a couple, they won’t be reuniting anytime soon.
Arquette recently confirmed with Howard Stern that he has no plans to get back together with Cox, states Hollyscoop.
“If Courteney said to you, ‘David, I made a mistake I want to work on our marriage. I want you moving back into the house, I want you to break up with that girl. I know we have to do this for our daughter.’ Would you consider it?” Stern asked to which Arquette replied that he would not consider it.
Arquette is currently dating Christina McLarty who was once married to Joe Francis.
Do you think these two are better broken up?
Follow Hollywood News on Twitter for up-to-date news information.
Hollywood News, Hollywood Awards, Awards,  Movies, News, Award News, Breaking News, Entertainment News, Movie News, Music News
Image by PR Photos

Katie Holmes ready for a ‘Dawson’s Creek’ reunion

HollywoodNews.com: Katie Holmes may be missing the old days a little as she is talking about wanting a ‘Dawson’s Creek’ reunion.
Holmes recently opened up about wanting a reunion of the show that launched her career, states UsMagazine.com. “I had so much fun working on that show and I loved everyone so much and I think about it with such fond memories,” Holmes said about why she wants a reunion.
Her former costars, James Van Der Beek, Michelle Williams and Joshua Jackson, would have to get on board as well which may not be too hard.
Williams has also spoken out about wanting a reunion: “It was the best acting class, learning to hit your mark, absorb your lines. I feel indebted to it, and if there was ever a reunion show, sign me up.”
‘Dawson’s Creek’ ended in 2003 after a five-year run.
Do you want a reunion show?
Follow Hollywood News on Twitter for up-to-date news information.
Hollywood News, Hollywood Awards, Awards,  Movies, News, Award News, Breaking News, Entertainment News, Movie News, Music News
Image by PR Photos

Kellan Lutz not hiding his new romance

HollywoodNews.com: Kellan Lutz is apparently very happy in his new relationship, so much so that he wants to show it off.
Lutz recently packed on the PDA with Sharni Vinson at the premiere of ‘Immortal,’ states Hollyscoop. The two didn’t shy away from kissing.
Lutz and Vinson have reportedly been dating since about July, but allegedly didn’t go public with it until September.
Previously, Lutz dated ’90210′ star AnnaLynne McCord.
Do you like his new girlfriend?
Follow Hollywood News on Twitter for up-to-date news information.
Hollywood News, Hollywood Awards, Awards, Movies, News, Award News, Breaking News, Entertainment News, Movie News, Music News
Image by PR Photos

Jennifer Aniston not buying $9 million home she checked out

HollywoodNews.com: Jennifer Aniston may have been looking at a $9 million apartment, but she apparently hasn’t decided to purchase it.
Aniston’s rep has recently commented that the actress did not buy the pricey New York apartment, states UsMagazine.com. Aniston reportedly already has two other places in New York and opted out of buying a third.
The two apartments she does have are actually adjoining ones in the West Village.
She is currently living in New York with her boyfriend, Justin Theroux.
Do you think she’ll end up married?
Follow Hollywood News on Twitter for up-to-date news information.
Hollywood News, Hollywood Awards, Awards, Movies, News, Award News, Breaking News, Entertainment News, Movie News, Music News
Image by PR Photos

“Iron Man 3″ sends out casting call for extras

By Sean O’Connell
Hollywoodnews.com: Do you live in or near North Carolina? Would you like to appear in an “Iron Man” sequel?
Premiere Casting (via ComingSoon) has posted on its Facebook page that director Shane Black will need approximately 1,000 extras for the filming of the upcoming “Iron Man 3” in Wilmington, North Carolina.
Their FB post reads:
“Received an email this morning. Iron Man 3 will use about 1,000 extras during the film and there will be over 550 crew jobs and will be shooting from May 2012 until January 2013 with a Memorial Day weekend release in 2013.”
The site confirms that they are looking for “ALL ages, ALL Shapes and Sizes, ALL Ethnicities, Kids, Adults, Males and Females.”
If you would like to register as an extra in the Wilmington area, visit http://www.premiercasting.us/
Black takes over directing duties from Jon Favreau for “Iron Man 3,” which returns Robert Downey Jr. as billionaire Tony Stark. We’re still waiting to see where the character stands after Joss Whedon’s “The Avengers,” due in theaters next summer. Black, no doubt, will build from there. We’ll see what he comes up with when the sequel hits theaters on May 3, 2013.
Hollywood News on Twitter for up-to-date news information.
Hollywood News, Hollywood Awards, Awards, Movies, News, Award News, Breaking News, Entertainment News, Movie News, Music News

Janet McTeer joining “Albert Nobbs” co-star Glenn Close in “Damages” – AWARDS ALLEY

By Sean O’Connell
hollywoodnews.com: Glenn Close must have had as much fun filming “Albert Nobbs” with Janet McTeer as we do watching them interact, because it’s just been announced that the latter will join the former’s DirectTV drama as a regular cast member for the fifth and final season.
THR reports that McTeer will play McTeer will play Kate Franklin, “a former colleague of Patty Hewes (Glenn Close) who aims to take on her old boss by working for rival Ellen Parsons (Rose Byrne).”
McTeer’s an Emmy nominee for HBO’s 2009 mini-series “Into the Storm,” as well as an Academy Award nom for her turn in Gavin O’Connor’s 2000 drama “Tumbleweeds.”
But she has been on our radar this Oscar season for her deft portrayal of a burly woman pretending to be a man (alongside Close) in Rodrigo Garcia’s “Nobbs.” The film played well on the film festival circuit, earning trophies fro Close and substantial buzz for McTeer. Will it continue?
“Albert Nobbs” will open in limited release in December, while “Damages” returns opr its final season next summer.
for complete oscar and film festival coverage, visit our awards alley for the latest news items, reviews and interviews all season long.
Follow hollywood news on twitter for up-to-date news information.
hollywood news, hollywood awards, awards, movies, news, award news, breaking news, entertainment news, movie news, music news

Paul Andrew Williams’ ‘Song for Marion’ Acquired by the Weinstein Co.

HollywoodNews.com: The Weinstein Company (TWC) acquired U.S. distribution rights, along with Pan Asian TV rights, to Paul Andrew Williams’ feature film SONG FOR MARION starring Terence Stamp (THE ADVENTURES OF PRISCILLA, QUEEN OF THE DESERT), Gemma Arterton (PRINCE OF PERSIA: THE SANDS OF TIME), Academy Award® winner Vanessa Redgrave (CORIOLANUS) and Christopher Eccleston (SHALLOW GRAVE). Written and directed by Paul Andrew Williams (LONDON TO BRIGHTON), the feature was produced by Philip Moross from Coolmore Productions and Ken Marshall from Steel Mill Pictures. The acquisition was announced today by TWC Co-Chairman Harvey Weinstein and VP, Acquisitions and Co-Productions, Negeen Yazdi.
Shot in England’s County Durham with great support from the community, SONG FOR MARION is a London-set comedic drama, about grumpy pensioner Arthur (Terence Stamp) who is reluctantly inspired by his beloved wife Marion (Vanessa Redgrave) to join a highly unconventional local choir. At odds with his son James (Christopher Eccleston) it is left to choir director Elizabeth (Gemma Arterton) to try and persuade Arthur that he can learn to embrace life. Arthur must confront the undercurrents of his own grumbling persona as he embarks on a hilarious, life-affirming journey of musical self discovery.
“SONG FOR MARION is wildly amusing and is sure to charm audiences of all ages,” said Weinstein. “We’re thrilled to partner with Paul on his latest project and to showcase this dynamic cast. His success in this project stems from his knack for highlighting and harmonizing otherwise contradicting personality traits – in this case, funny and cantankerous – in his characters.”
“We jumped at the chance to partner on this film,” commented Yazdi, who negotiated the deal alongside TWC COO David Glasser and Michal Podell Steinberg, SVP, Business and Legal Affairs and Acquisitions. “The story told and the parallels that can be seen in our own lives make this film one that will undoubtedly resonate with our audience.”
Added Williams, “I am proud to partner with The Weinstein Company on a film that means so much to me and that I hope will mean just as much to families around the world. The cast shines in this film in a bigger way than I’d ever imagined. It was as much fun behind the camera as it appears on-camera.”
Moross negotiated the deal on behalf of the Licensor. Entertainment One has rights to UK, Canada and Australia (Hopscotch), and Entertainment One International are handling international sales.
SONG FOR [...]

This Week In Movies by Pete Hammond – Tower Heist, Puss In Boots

By Pete Hammond
HollywoodNews.com: The Best laid plans.
This was supposed to be the weekend that Tower Heist would rule the boxoffice roost and easily claim the number one spot while in resurrecting Eddie Murphy’s languishing career in the process. Instead that conniving little latino cat, Puss In Boots was the one who pulled off the heist, stealing the primo spot away after initially trailing on Friday night. In the end it was no contest. Puss took it away by more than $8 million leading Eddie, Ben Stiller and friends $33 million to $25 million, that was only a 10% week one to week two drop for the Dreamworks ‘toon but a $10 million shortfall for Heist, at least according to analysts projections. Like I said, ‘the best laid plans’. When I spoke to Dreamworks Animation honcho Jeffrey Katzenberg Saturday night he seemed more than relieved at the strong hold and continued business for Puss In Boots. “This is best second week for a movie in 15 years,” he told me. That ought to calm Wall Street which was concerned about the film’s performance , even though it easily opened in first place. Last week heavy snows on the east coast killed a lot of potential business but this week’s sunnier results more than made up for the shortfall.
As for Tower Heist this should have done better. It’s just a terrific caper film in the tradition of Ocean’s 11 and The Hot Rock. In fact it all started with Murphy who had an idea to do an all-black cast Ocean’s style heist movie , but as things often happen in this business that morphed into something quite different although I still think Murphy’s original idea had merit. Surprisingly audiences were lukewarm on this version even though it is a lot of fun and critics seemed to like it for the most part. ‘Heist’ got a 68% fresh score at Rotten Tomatoes but only a middling ‘B’ cinemascore audience satisfaction rating. That doesn’t bode well for great word of mouth for a comedy that deserves better than it is getting here. A few months ago director Brett Ratner told me he fully expected this film to spawn a brand new film franchise along the lines of his wildly successful Rush Hour series but that would seem to be in doubt unless the [...]

Ridley Scotte teases “Prometheus” – “Alien” tie

By Sean O’Connell
Hollywoodnews.com: Ridley Scott has hinted that his upcoming science-fiction thriller “Prometheus” somehow would tie in to his classic “Alien,” yet as the production continued to film, he backed away from the statements, leading fans to speculate how the projects would be connected.
So Scott finally decided to clear up some of the vague details. While speaking to the Wall Street Journal, Scott says his recently wrapped summer blockbuster will, in its final 8 minutes, evolve into “a pretty good DNA of the ‘Alien’ one.” Though when he describes the movie, it sounds like it has very little to do with his sci-fi masterpiece.
He relates back to the “Prometheus” myth, about a “higher being” stealing fire away from Zeus and was punished … horribly.
If the tie to “Alien” is tenuous, we’ll at least be interested in “Prometheus” to see how Scott plays with 3D. Scott went so far as to say it was “the best time I’ve had in a number of years making a movie.”
Scott is keeping mum on details. Which is probably for the best. “Prometheus” reaches theaters next June.
Hollywood News on Twitter for up-to-date news information.
Hollywood News, Hollywood Awards, Awards, Movies, News, Award News, Breaking News, Entertainment News, Movie News, Music News

Page 32 of 336« First...1020...3031323334...405060...Last »